Scandinavian Brownies Recipes
1 1/3 cup (150 g) all-purpose flour
1 ½ cup (330 g) sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup (170 g) butter
3 fl oz (0.9 dl) boiling water
4 oz (120 g) chocolate chips (40-50% cocoa)
5 oz (150 g) chopped walnuts or pecan nuts
1/3 cup (75 g) butter
8 oz (220 g) sweet or semisweet dark chocolate
2 tablespoon light corn syrup
2 tablespoon hot espresso or very strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (Gas mark 4 or 180 ° C).
- Line 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) pan with grease proof paper or other non-stick and grease from the can. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- In a bowl mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla.
- Add eggs, melted butter and hot water and mix until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20-30 minutes.
- Cool the cake. Glace with chocolate icing.
- For glaze, combine butter, chopped chocolate, syrup and coffee and heat in a double boiler until melted. Stir until smooth and spread over cake.