Ginataang Galunggong | Tulingan Recipe
4 pieces medium round scad (galunggong), cleaned and salted
4 pieces Serrano peppers
3 cups coconut milk
1 knob ginger, sliced into strips
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 small red onion, sliced
2 cloves crushed garlic
- Pour the coconut milk in a wide pot. Boil.
- Add garlic, ginger, onion, fish sauce and black pepper. Revolver. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place fish in the pan along with the Serrano pepper. Cover and continue cooking on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover. Let the sauce is reduced to about 1/2 to 3/4 cups.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with hot rice.