Teriyaki Bistek Recipe
2 lbs. skirt steak, sliced
1 piece lemon
3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
1 medium white onion, sliced crosswise
1 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 2 tablespoons cold water
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/4 cup cooking oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine soy sauce, sugar and the juice of 1 lemon. Mix well. Marinate skirt steak in the soy sauce mixture for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap the meat with the marinade. Heat the cooking oil and then brown the marinated beef for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the remaining marinade, water, and sesame oil. Stir and bring to boil. Simmer for 30 minutes Add water if necessary.
- Allow the liquid is reduced by half. Pour in cornstarch diluted in water. Stir until the sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the onion. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle sesame seeds above.