Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
2 lbs. beef sirloin, cubed
1 1/4 cups baby carrots
3 tablespoons AP flour
3 large potatoes, cubed
1/4 cup minced celery stalk
2 medium yellow onions, minced
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 pouch (about an oz.) onion soup mix powder
3 tablespoons red wine
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute onion and celery until the texture becomes soft. Set aside.
- Dredge the meat in flour. Make sure all sides are coated.
- Using the remaining oil pan fry the beef until color turns light brown (about 5 minutes). Set aside.
- Combine water and onion soup mix. Mix well.
- Combine fried beef, sautéed onions and celery, potatoes, carrots, red wine, salt, pepper and water with the onion soup mix in a slow cooker. Stir once slow cook for 5-7 hours.
- Serve with crackers, garlic bread, rice or French bread.