Ingredients (Palabok Noodles)
500g thick rice noodles
Ingredients (Palabok Sauce)
150g crab meat
150g crab fat
1/2 cup Smoked fish, flaked
3 tbsp annatto powder
3 tbsp cornstarch
2-3 cups of water
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 red onion, minced
Ingredients (Palabok Toppings)
adjust amount to your hears desire
Shrimps, with skin on
Squid, sliced into rings
Mussels, with shell on
Spring onions, chopped
Hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1. In a pot, boil water and cook rice noodles and place according to package directions.
- 2. Once pasta is cooked, drain and then set aside.
- 3. Boil shrimp, mussels and calamari in 2 cups of water to the sauce. Once cooked keep fluid drainage, place the fish aside.
- 4. Shell the shrimp and reserve. Crush with a mortar shells to extract the juice, place beaten shells and their liquid in a muslin cloth or fine sieve over a bowl. Run water used to boil the crushed shells and empty it into a container. Set aside the liquid.
- 5. Shell the mussels and set aside.
- 6. In a blender mix crab meat, crab fat, used to boil water, annatto powder and fish sauce, mixing at low speed for one minute. Remove from blender and then put aside. 7. In a saucepan, add the oil and saute the garlic and onion.
- 8. Add the crab meat mixture and shredded mixed smoked fish.
- 9. In a separate bowl mix the cornstarch with a little water, dilute until free of lumps and then add to the pan.
- 10. Bring the sauce to a boil and simmer until sauce thickens, add water if the sauce becomes too thick. Turn off heat.
- 11. Place noodles in a large bowl pour sauce over and toss to evenly distribute the sauce to the noodles.
- 12. Put the noodles in a large bowl then top with cooked seafood, pork cracklings, spring onions, eggs and fried garlic.
- 13. Squeeze the lemon up.