1 lb. ground pork
1/2 lb. shrimp, minced
1 medium carrot, minced
1 medium onion, minced
1 tablespoon five spice powder
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 2 tablespoons water
6 pieces bean curd sheets (tawpe)
1 cup cooking oil
- In a large bowl, combine pork, shrimp, carrots, onion, five spice powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place a piece of tofu sheet flat on a table. Takes a good amount of pork mixture and arrange at one end of the sheet of bean curd.
- Fold the top and bottom of the bean curd sheets then pull the sides up to form a sausage shape. Dip your fingers in the cornstarch mixture and run it on the end of the bean curd sheet. This will help ensure the kikiam.
- Prepare the steamer. Pour in 4 cups of water and boil. Organize kikiam in steam and then steam for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the steamer and set aside. Note: You can place some in the freezer for later use when the temperature drops or you can fry all at once.
- Heat oil in a pan. Kikiam Pan-fry until browned container. Remove from pan and cut into serving pieces