Vegetarian Pancit Sotanghon Recipe
1/2 lb. vermicelli noodles
1 1/2 cup chopped celery stalk
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
2 cups chopped cabbage
1 large carrot, julienned
1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
2 teaspoons annatto powder mixed with 2 tbsp. water
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the noodles in a bowl of water until tender, but not soggy. Drain the water and set the noodles aside. Heat oil in a pot.
- Saute garlic, onion and celery
- Once the onion is tender, pour in the vegetable broth and water achiote. Bring to a boil.
- Add cabbage, carrot and parsley. cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put the pasta in the pot. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with slices of lemon or calamansi.