Walnut Crusted Salmon with Guinness Reduction | St. Patricks Day Recipe
2 wild salmon fillets or steaks
⅓ cup chopped Walnuts
1 cup Guinness Extra Stout
2 tbs honey
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ a clove of garlic
¼ tsp thyme
generous pinch of Kosher salt
a few grinds of fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet or tray with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Place salmon on foil and top with nuts. Press gently to ensure the nuts.
- When the oven is ready, bake the salmon for about 10 minutes.
- While salmon is baking ingredients, whisk together reduction, and put in shallow pan over medium-high heat. Stirring frequently.
- Reduce until it covers well the spoon, but is thinner than maple syrup. Remove from heat. They thicken a little more as it cools a bit. The end goal is the consistency of maple syrup.
- To serve, drizzle the reduction over the salmon and starch accompaniment.