Wednesday 19 March 2014

Viral Marketing Ideas - So Exactly What Is Viral Marketing

First of all viral marketing is basically any kind of marketing. You know one thing that I don't like is when people talk about traffic generation techniques; they will list viral marketing as a separate thing. It`s the same. Viral marketing sits above. You do anything, and it turns viral.

Social marketing, article marketing, video marketing, even your paid marketing, press release marketing, brand marketing. All of these can go viral.
Viral is just what happens with your marketing after you release it. So the point of viral marketing is for you to create something and then it gets spread throughout the world. This is exactly how MSN`s Hotmail became what they are. They became what Hotmail was and then got acquired by Microsoft.

Just because every email that went out had a little footer saying "Sign up now for your own free email account". That's viral. Watch YouTube. YouTube went viral. Look at some of the top videos at YouTube. How many videos have you sent to your friends because you thought that they were funny?
That is you participating in viral marketing. How many times have you Tweeted, or FaceBooked something that is funny or a link to something. That is you taking part in viral marketing.

So what we want to do in viral marketing is flip it. How can we device a way that will make other people want to tell other people about it? Basically word of mouth marketing. So the 3 that I discussed below are viral videos. There is nothing new to say there. It's video marketing at its best.
You are watching something that I hope will go viral in sometime. I am going to share with you proof and evidence in a second that what I have been doing HAS gone viral.

Second is incentivized social media. This is a great thing. By the way, let me take a quick break. There are a lot of viral ideas and I ripped actually 3 of these away from a report that my friends put together. Click the link that is there somewhere around this video.

You will have to share your name and email to get it. It's not mine it's his, but I wanted to give him a shot out. It's a great report, read it if you want to know more about viral marketing.

So again the second one is incentivized social media. You want an example, look on the right side of the blog, or if you are watching this video somewhere else go to AnikSingal. Come and you will see that when I say win pads' and win that' go and read that page.

This is what incentivized social media is. I want you to tweet about me, I want you to FaceBook me and in exchange I bribe you with something. That's incentivized social media, see it for yourself. Go to Twitter and type @aniksingal and you will see that there are hundreds of people that have done this and that has helped me make this blog viral.


The third one is what you call Stats Based Press Releases. This is one of my favorite ones. I haven't done this from quite sometime, but I want to start doing this again. It's the easiest way to go viral to media.
It's one thing to go viral to consumers and to people. But it's a whole another ball game to go viral to media. And I did it. I did this once and the whole thing was absolutely mind blowing. So here it is in black and white. AnikSingal.com launched not so long ago, 134,234 visits since launch.

Whooping 271,957 page views. That's around 300,000 page views in 3 weeks. I accept that I have a list that I market to. 72% of them new visitors. My list isn't that big. My posts have been going viral.
Scroll down my blog and you will see how many times things are being tweeted. You will see how many times it was tagged "like" on FaceBook. You will see that I am using FaceBook plug-in for comments. That means this is how many times it's being spread on FaceBook.

Right now FaceBook is already referring 1% of my traffic.
Now I know that doesn't sound like a lot. But I just started. It's already got me a size-able traffic, free traffic. I have no idea where it's coming from. The rest of it is direct type in traffic. This means my links being forwarded by people to each other. A total of 55% of my traffic is coming from that.
That only means that the rest of coming from people clicking theirs emails as they do have an email database. 55% is just being forwarded around. My most popular post got a little over 14000 views. Trust me I wont be able to get that many clicks even if I mailed my own database.

This is viral.
Second top video, 11600 views. Now it's very obvious that I have been doing viral video marketing. And I have been trying my hand at incentivized social media. And I have done some of the other viral marketing; tips that are in the report of you need to know. The third system you are going to see me use very soon is Stats Based Press Releases.

And what are those, I will explain them right below this video. So to sum it up, viral marketing is very cool. But it is not its own traffic generation technique. It's something that you can use in any of your other marketing methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment